Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Giving up, Roosevelt, and Mardi Gras

This is one of my favorite quotes of all time:
TEDDY ROOSEVELT Posters
Seeing as how it's mardi gras season, I decided what I'm giving up for lent and/or the rest of my life. I'm not Catholic, but I'm all about healthy change.

I'm giving up giving up.
 I mean "giving up" as in quitting, wimping out, not finishing what I've started... etc. I think this is a great idea for me. I give up on multiple things daily. Here are a few things just off the top of my head that I've given up on lately:


  • I had every intention of shaving my legs yesterday. But I gave up because I was tired. Sometimes I give up mid-leg.
  • I put a freshly cleaned load of laundry on my bed in hopes of putting it away before the day's end. But I gave up and put it back in the laundry basket when bedtime rolled around.
  • I've given up on doing my hair for the last three days after intending to look attractive.
  • I give up at least 5 games of sudoku daily. (My sudoku addiction is none of your business)
  • I have musical ADD. It's rare that I ever listen to a song in its entirety.
  • I started 5 "Things That Must Go" blogs and haven't finished any of them.
  • I'm on day 10 of my second round of the 30 Day Shred. Because I gave up the first time after 14 days (and losing 8 pounds) because I felt like being lazy during Christmas time. Not. Acceptable. I gained it alllllllll back. And it was a total cop out because I actually liked the exercise. I just wanted to be lazy. Period.
And that is just a small sample. I'm excited for this, but I know it is also going to be taxing. I already tested myself today on my Mardi Gras resolution.

I've been feeling sick all day, and when my friends Brittany and Sam came over to do our daily shred, I *almost* stayed in my cozy little sick bed. But I remembered that it was better to suffer for a good cause than to be a can't hack it pantywaist. So I started and finished the whole workout, despite the fact that I sincerely believed that I was going to poop my pants for at least 35% of the time I spent exercising.

Like my bro Teddy Roosevelt says:

In the end, it's better to have worked out and pooped your pants than to never have worked out at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment