Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quote of the Day

"Children who have trouble finding God in their fathers often have trouble finding a Father in their God."

I heard this quote in my human development class, and it ardently reminded me of how very lucky I am. My Mom is the bomb and I say that all the time, but I think I often forget to mention how amazing my Dad is.
Aren't my parents foxy?
I have never had trouble finding righteous qualities in my father. He is the most reverent, patient, forgiving, honest, humble, gentle man I have ever met. (That's not to say he is a wimp. He's also a very manly man.) He has never raised his voice in anger at any of his children. I have never known him to have ever held a grudge, and I've never heard him speak poorly of anyone who's ever wronged him. He is constantly working to better his home, his life, his family and himself. I love and respect my Dad very much. He works soooo hard for his family and I know he does his best to keep us out of harm's way. He is a great example and an excellent dad, and an awesome person in general.

I am so lucky that it has been so easy to find God in my father, because in turn it has not been hard to find a Father in my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment