Friday, September 5, 2008

Homework... its rough.

I spent roughly 5 hours last night writing a ONE PAGE paper for my English 230 intro to "lit fiction and drama" class. Overkill? maybe. But did the professor clap when I read it aloud in class? Definitely. Did it make me feel like I was the bomb? for sure. Has it quenched my crippling fear of inadequacy in the literary discussion and critique department? Mostly. I mean, I haven't taken an English class since my senior year of high school, and I'm on the brink of being a college Junior. This puny analysis of a poem was hard work, and it stressed me out, and I took a huge chance by volunteering to read it out loud, but I wanted to know for sure that what I'm doing is what the teacher expects of me. I'm finally taking school seriously. I'm that annoyingly thorough kid in class. How embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment