Monday, July 7, 2008

A Major 32

I just talked to the biggest nastiest stinkiest A-hole I've ever encountered throughout my customer service career. We don't need to talk about what was said on his end, because I know a few people including a few of my sisters who would hunt him down and seriously murder him.


I mean, I'm pretty good at schmoozing angry callers over. There really hasn't been a call like this in a while, I've even had a few calls that started with someone yelling at me, and ended with them thinking I was their best friend in the whole wide world. I'm that good. But this guy.... oooooh this guy, he made me cry. Bawl in fact. I blubbered like a baby when we got off the phone. He just seriously personally attacked me and my ethics and the way I do my job, and anyone who knows me knows that I seriously try my best to be honest in everything I say and do. I had to hang up on him, after politely telling him that if he continued to speak to me disrespectfully I would end the call. I thanked him for calling and told him that I would do my best to help his daughter get her course graded on time. I calmly pushed the "end call" button as his insults echoed in the background. And then I just cried. For a good 5 minutes.


A small piece of me wishes he would get hit by a bus. But not die. And have a really mean nurse at the hospital who calls HIM stupid all day long. But that sensation has mostly passed.

Sidenote: his last name consists of the word Hell combined with a nickname for "Dad". How Fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment